Wednesday 10 August 2011

SUCCUBUS

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF Well I have been all like I.T warrior and made internet modem blah blah obey my sassy tyranny. Ha.
This is the succubus, she's modeling a fine example of the ruffle the fuck out school of dress making, as commonly seen in various wedding shops in brunswick , coburg etc.
She has also decided to slaughter the entire wedding party with a broken champagne bottle, because when your chaotic evil , its not a party otherwise.
I got way too into some details (like the face), leaving me skimming on others (like the hands).
Not that you can tell, but the head actually had the musculature crudely sewn underneath before the face was pulled over, and slits cut to allow the shiny eyeballs to beam through. Beam through menacingly. FIERCE!


So.. detail. the more you do the less it matters. Like a hyperbola curving to the x axis. Its a lot of art, I think, knowing what to leave out , as much as it is to add. I think I would be happier if I captured the essential essence (wait , maybe that's redundant?) with couple of lines of stitching and good use of fabric choice, rather than battle it so much with fiddling around with hair and eyes and lips and wedding dresses. No wait, scratch that last one.
Wedding dresses are awesome. The bottle was made from a gauze fabric and pva and then some silicon sealant to give it some gloss.

  NEWWWWWWWWWW

1 comment: